Are we still alive?We've gotten several letters asking if these kits are still available for sale.
As of the latest update to this website, August 24, 2015, they are still available for sale.
We'll try to remember to update this date periodically so you don't have to wonder or mail us. ;)
The purpose of this productThe ARFA Kit is provided for educational purposes ONLY! What you do with it is YOUR business.
What is an ARFA KitThe ARFA Kit contains all of the materials necessary to make the parts that will convert a Bushmaster AR-15 (or other AR-15 with similar specs) from semi-auto to full-auto. Read our FAQ "How can I determine whether my specific firearm will benefit from the ARFA Kit?" to make sure your firearm will work with the ARFA Kit.
The ARFA Kit includes the following:
- Completed Bolt Carrier Group Counter Weight and detailed instructions for installing the completed part.
- Mostly completed material necessary to make a Trigger Control Group Travel Reducer and detailed instructions for making the last and final bend to make the completed part. The instructions include a diagram and layout that can be used to determine when the part has been formed correctly. (Because the part is not completed until you make the final bend in the metal, using a pair of pliers, the kit, as-sold, is legal to own.) To make the completed part, you will need a pair of pliers. 8" Lineman Pliers work well.
- Detailed installation instructions for both completed parts.
As an option for those who are concerned that the ARFA Kit may not be legal in their jurisdiction, but would still like to know how it works, we offer a RAW Materials Kit.
The RAW Materials Kit includes the following:
- Non-completed material necessary to make a Bolt Carrier Group Counter Weight and detailed instructions for bending, drilling, and installing the completed part. The material is cut to the correct shape necessary to make the part, but is left unbent and undrilled, and thus is simply a flat piece of metal.
- Non-completed material necessary to make a Trigger Control Group Travel Reducer and detailed instructions for making each of the bends to make the completed part. The instructions include a diagram and layout that can be used to determine when the part has been formed correctly. The material is cut to the correct shape necessary to make the part, but is left unbent and undrilled, and thus is simply a flat piece of metal.
- Detailed installation instructions for both completed parts.
To install the completed parts, you will need a Phillips-head screwdriver and approximately 30 seconds.
To convert back to semi-auto, simply pivot the Upper Receiver up, remove the drop-in TCGTR, and pivot the Upper Receiver back down. (Always clear your firearm of any ammunition before installing or removing any parts.)
Is it legal to buy this kit?We can legally sell and you can legally purchase and own this kit because the kit does not contain completed parts, but only provides the materials necessary to make the completed parts, meaning they cannot be used to convert an AR-15 to full-auto as-sold, but must be completed by you by bending the provided materials into the correct shape, prior to them being useable. This is no different than if we were to provide you a block of steel that has been milled to the correct outer shape of a Lower Receiver and instructions on how to finish milling the inside of the block to form a useable Lower Receiver.
This means you can legally keep these kits on hand with no worries until such time as you decide to bend the parts into the correct shape. Once you have made the completed parts from the materials provided, we suggest you be extermely careful and cautious about the laws that may or may not apply to you, including the National Firearms Act if you reside in the United States.
Which firearms does the ARFA Kit work with?In general, the ARFA Kit works well with AR-15s that have the same specs as our test firearm, which is a Bushmaster XM-15 M4-A2. We've had good reports of this kit working with DPMS, S&W M&P 15, Olympic Arms, and other AR-15s that have the same Lower specifications as the Bushmaster XM-15 M4-A2.
The ARFA Kit does not currently work with Rock River Arms AR-15s (different depth inside the Lower), Colt M-4s (channel between hammer and rear take-down pin has a divider - the channel is not clear), and other AR-15s that do not have the same Lower specifications as the Bushmaster XM-15 M4-A2.
Read our FAQ "How can I determine whether my specific firearm will benefit from the ARFAKit?" to make sure your firearm will work with the ARFAKit.
What methods of payment are accepted for purchase of the ARFAKIT?After careful consideration, we have decided not to accept checks or credit or debit cards, due to the added fees that each of these payment methods imposes on us. Currently we accept only Money Orders made out to TCGTR, LLC with ALL Payor (From: field) information left blank.
If you send a method of payment that does not meet these strict requirements, we will promptly return your order form and method of payment without processing your order.
This is the way we have chosen to do business at this time.
*See the FAQ for more information.
What is the process for purchasing the ARFAKIT?To purchase an ARFAKIT, simply click on the Order Form link at the top of this page.
The Order Form will contain an Order Number, which you should keep a record of as this is the only way we provide tracking of your order. You will also use this to access kit instructions, once your kit has shipped.
Simply print the Order Form and fill out the desired shipping address, desired quantity, and create a 5-digit PIN, then send the Order Form and payment to the address listed on the Order Form.
When we receive your Order Form and payment, we will enter your Order Number into our system with a status of "Order Received" or "Payment Returned".
When we process your order, we will update the order status to "Order Shipped" and provide a Postal Tracking Number, which you can use to track your shipment by going to usps.com or similar service.
Your Order Form will not be returned to you with your shipment, so you will need to keep a copy of it. We do not keep a copy of your Order Form or any information other than the Order Number and 5-digit PIN. If your shipment is returned to us for an incorrect address, we will update your order status to "Incorrect Address" and wait for you to contact us with updated information. We shred all information sent to us, other than the information listed above.
To access your order status, simply click on the Order Tracking link at the top of this page, and enter your Order Number and 5-digit PIN. You will also use this method to receive your kit instructions.
If you have any questions that are not covered by your order status or the FAQ at the link at the top of this page, you may contact us using the information on the Contact Us link at the top of this page.
Where do I get the instructions for the ARFAKIT I received?Simply click on the link above for Order Tracking and Instructions, and enter your Order Number and PIN.
The instructions become available on this page as soon as your order is marked as shipped.